School Field Trips
Apple Orchard Field Trips
Tuesdays thru Fridays
September 9th through October 18th
Guided tour length 1 hour 15 minutes
- Educational discussion about apples
- Visit the Bee Barn Observation Hive!
- Learn how we press our cider
- Sample different apple varieties
- Hayride thru the orchard
- Kuipers Bookmarks for the Children
(not redeemable the day of your tour)
- Each person receives a fresh apple cider doughnut and a cup of pasteurized apple cider to enjoy back in the classroom
- Due to logistics we do not let children pick apples & staying for lunch is not recommended
Pumpkin Farm Field Trips
Tuesday thru Fridays
September 30th through October 30th
Self guided tour length approximately 1 1/2 hour
- Each person picks a small pumpkin from the Field Trip Patch
- Each student receives a Kuipers Bookmark (not redeemable the day of your tour)
- Explore Pumpkin Farm at your own pace
- Picnic Area available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Weekday Pumpkin Farm Activities are included
Field Trip Pricing
A $50 deposit will be charged to your credit card to book and hold your reservation for your education farm tours . Once you arrive for your tour and provide us with your final guest count we will charge the balance to the card you provided during your booking process. We require you collect all funds from your students/chaperones and provide us with one payment for the total amount on the credit card provided during the reservation.
Pumpkin Farm Field Trip: $8 students, $8 chaperones
Apple Orchard Field Trip: $9 students, $9 chaperones
No charge for teachers.
Aides for Disabled Children: $3 each
No additional discounts for Not-for-Profit or At Risk programs will be offered
Minimum of 20 students required to book a tour (not counting chaperones)
$160.00 minimum charge for Pumpkin Farm tours with less than 20 students
$180.00 minimum charge for Apple Orchard tours with less than 20 students
Home School Groups: 1 parent will be admitted free with every 5 children. Minimum tour charges apply (see above).
Do both tours on the same day! Select dates ONLY. You must book the 11:00 Apple Orchard Field Trip and the 12:30 Pumpkin Farm Field Trip. Click on link to view calendar with this year’s available dates.
The $50 deposit will be refunded if the field trip is cancelled no less than 14 days prior to the reserved date or if weather conditions cause the cancellation of the field trip.
Please Phone: (815) 827-5200 ext. 101